Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

What I’ve Learned So Far …..

This is Day Four of my Experiment in Intention and, as could probably have been predicted, it seems all forces have conspired against me in hopes of my failure. Hahaha! I say! You will not win! Today, like yesterday and the day before that, I choose to be happy. I will smile through the pain, I will smile through the traffic jams and the long lines at the grocery store. I will not be beaten! Like the alcoholic, new to AA, I will take this One Day At A Time. Just For Today. I can do for 24 hours (or 12 hours, or 1 hour) what would seem impossible to do for a lifetime! Baby steps ….. elephant eating (metaphorically, I’m a vegetarian).
This is the year I am going to get IT. I am going to be one of those happy-go-lucky people. The peace and contentment that ooze from these folks is something I want …. I want bad!
But the title says ‘what I’ve learned so far’, which is this:
Smile. Really, walk around with a smile on your face, look like you’re up to something!
Live in the moment. Focus all your energy on what you are doing NOW. I fall into this serendipitously when I am doing something like weeding, or knitting, or working on my genealogy (that is a whole other blog!!) The trick is to be in the moment all the time.
Let go. Of everything. Worry, doubt, control over tomorrow. Pants being too tight (exercise or buy bigger pants – either answer is right as long as you embrace the decision and don’t worry about it!)
Accept. Everything. With a smile. It is in your (my) life for a reason. A lesson to be learned.
Find a hobby you enjoy and do it – now – today – no more excuses!
This won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.
OK day four – bring it on! I’m ready to dive in and get my feet wet. The sky may be cloudy, the weather arctic cold, (-14F for a high tomorrow) but I will practice being happy with a smile on my face and my patience hat on. And as I ebb and flow I will accept that, as graciously as I can for now (learning, remember), and soldier on.

No comments:

Post a Comment