Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Be Happy; the third day

Had a bit of a setback yesterday as, I suppose, should be expected. I have found that as soon as I make up my mind to do something Murphy’s Law kicks in full force. I was unhappy about everything, the things I attempted to do were difficult, even my clothes were fighting me!! OK, this is going to be much harder than I thought. Sometimes I get a sort of Pollyanna attitude that once I decide something, everything should just fall into place. Be easy. Happen in an instant. And when it doesn’t ….. well you know.
Then I realized I am missing the key piece to this puzzle: persistence!  Act As If.  Fake It Til You Make It.  One Day (or minute) At A Time. Keep On Keeping On. And how (the heck) do I do that?  Live in the moment.  Live in the now. Look at children, they are immersed in the moment they are in – they are not worried about next week, or if the neighbor is going to do something weird (that may, or may not affect you, but you worry about it anyway), or if it will be sunny in the morning, or what to cook for dinner …….
So, the key to being happy is persistently living in the now? Whoa! This IS going to be hard. Actually, I knew that. I knew it wasn’t going to just fall into place. I knew that I would trip and fall. Lather, rinse, repeat.  I just didn’t think it would happen on DAY TWO! Today I can laugh about it, and move on. Today is another chance to Be Happy – and I accept the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment