Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Action, Reaction and Jumping The Gun

Well, now I’ve done it. What was I thinking? Oh, wait – I wasn’t thinking. I was reacting. I came up with this glorious plan to make 2014 the Year of Intention. I was going to magically change my thinking overnight and all the pieces were going to fall easily and seamlessly into place. Think happy – be happy.  Think prosperity – be prosperous. Think healthy – be healthy. The list goes on. For the past 6 days I have been trying to fit the square peg into the round hole. Then I heard a little voice whispering “what happens when you fail to plan” uh, you plan to fail? Right! You plan to fail. This happen to me frequently. I get an idea and head off both guns blazing – reacting to my brilliant idea. Reacting! I react. I’m reactionary. Reacting isn’t always bad – it’s a survival technique that has served mankind well (we are still here!). But we have a higher, better, more evolved way to live. Action. Action involves planning. Which I failed to do, remember? Now what?
Well, not give up! No, this is an experiment. A year long experiment in Intention. This first test didn’t have the desired results – but it had results! I learned one thing not to do. Good. Progress. Truthfully, I am stymied at the moment. I am not sure how to proceed. What is the next step?
Action. A plan of action. A plan!! And mayhap a smaller intention. Be Happy was pretty lofty right out of the gate. Maybe I should start with not reacting to things, as in “today I will not react, I will consider and act appropriately to the situation” and remember to “consider the source”. Good.  I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow ……

No comments:

Post a Comment