random musings of an introspective redhead | observations from slightly off center
Pages
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
August Break 2016 :: FAIL
It was inevitable, really. I know me. All high hopes and 'I can do anything' in the beginning, quickly giving way to "what was I thinking?"
What was I thinking? 31 photos in 31 days? Too much stress. Yes, I am an overachiever. Yes, I am a rule follower. Yes, I am a perfectionist.
Here's the thing. I was spending so much time on thinking about what to photograph, editing the photograph to get it just right, uploading the photograph to the blog - nearly half my day was shot! After 3 days I knew this was not going to work. This was supposed to be a break, not work.
I started to feel guilty. I had 'signed up' for this, after all. I am not a quitter!
But I quit. I did. And now I'm here to confess.
Being the type of person that I am, I find it very difficult to bend rules. So doing only a portion of the assigned themes was completely out of the question.
All or nothing.
So, I quit. Not intentionally, either. Day four was just a stumper all day, and when day five rolled around, I couldn't move on. 'Sweetness' tripped me up, and then the whole thing went south.
Next year I might give myself permission to do just the Sunday theme, or every fourth day, or only colors, but for this year I close the month early with a FAIL.
But, a lighter heart ..... letting go of all the worry and owning my failure feels good.
Lesson learned.
©2016 Anne Faulkner | it came with the head, All Rights Reserved
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment