This is it. This is the year. This is the year I finally set about to create my world. I’ve dabbled before, truth be told. Here and there. Had a good long streak in the early 2000′s. But then I forgot. I went back to sleep. I stopped seeing, feeling, hearing, believing. I fell back into the world. I allowed everything outside of me to dictate how I functioned inside of me. Wait … what? Paradigm shift!
How long have I, you, we lived with our eyes closed – thinking there was absolutely nothing we could do to to change my/our circumstances. It is what it is. Make the best of it. Soldier on. It’s not that bad. Really, you’ll get used to it. NOoooo! I am done being a good soldier. Done making the best of it. I want more! And I bet you do to. Here’s where the Experiment come in.
Every day for the next 365 days I will commit to creating my day rather than allowing the day to create me. I will wake up – set an intention – and go forward – One Day At A Time. I have decided to work this in weekly chunks – focusing on the same intention for a full seven days. Fifty two intentions. Fifty two opportunities to change my surroundings. Fifty two opportunities to change me. A + B = C. If A is the world, B is me, and C is life as I know it, even if the world does not change, changing me will change C, the result will be different. Got it? Good. Let’s get started!
Tomorrow dawns as a fresh new book. The pages are blank and stiff. Anything can be written, the story can be an adventure, a mystery, a romance, a book of poetry; the possibilities are endless. And exciting. And, if at the end of these 365 days, life appears to remain the same on the outside, I hope to be bigger, much bigger on the inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment